Planet Vikki Recommends: Maenllwyd Inn

Wednesday 26 August 2015

Hey Guys!!

I love food, and we have decided to try somewhere new every month if we can. Other than that I like writing posts on places I've been and who doesn't love reading about food?

This pub was actually recommended to Llewellyn by someone he works with and I'm so glad we went. It's about 20 minutes from where we live so it's relatively easy to get to, we live in Newport. It is situated in such a lovely place as the views were gorgeous and you can go on a little woodland walk as well.

The name of the pub is the Maenllwyd Inn and this was the food we had.


Isn't the plate gorgeous? I wanted to take it home. Anyway I had the Chicken, Pancetta and White Wine Pie and it was gorgeous. The pastry was so soft and the chicken was delicious. Llewellyn tried getting me to try the Leeks but I don't like them. Even Llewellyn tried a bit of the pie and he thought it was nice to. I didn't finish it though as it is quite filling.


Of course I couldn't not have a dessert and I chose to have the Millionaire's Cheesecake. It looks amazing doesn't it? I never used to like cheesecake but I tried it a while ago and found I liked it. It was so creamy and the ice cream was so nice. I definitely recommend this if you go.


This was Llewellyn's dessert of Vanilla & Mint Choc Chip ice cream and Mango Sorbet with a Mint Leaf on top. He really enjoyed it and I must say the Mango Sorbet was delicious.




The three pictures above is the way some of the pub is decorated, it seriously gave me such pinterest feels, gave me ideas for my home. We were sat in the conservatory part of the pub and it was so nice. It did get a bit warm in there and a wasp decided to fly around and drink my wine!! 

Now I will share with you pictures from our walk, there's not many as it was nice to just go for a walk. Also please ignore the way I stand in the outfit post, I seriously need to work on my posture. Do you look at photos and hate the way you stand sometimes?





Hope You Enjoyed This Post!!

See You Soon!!

No comments :

Post a Comment