Planet Vikki Recommends....New Inn

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Hey Guys!!

On Sunday we all went out as a family for some food to celebrate Nans' 65th Birthday. It was Nans' choice of course where we went to eat and she picked a restaurant that we've been to before and loved, it's a little place called The New Inn.

The New Inn is situated along Chepstow Road in Langstone, it's a lovely building. Outside is all white with an outdoor area with picnic style tables and benches and lots of flowers around. It's perfect to sit out on a lovely sunny day and enjoy a drink or two. Attached to the restaurant is also a play area for the children which is the Wacky Warehouse and also has a motel and Spa. If you do want to see pictures or look at the website you can click HERE.




As you can see from above there is a lot on the menu and I always find it so hard to decide on what to eat, as I like to try something new but also like to eat the same. They have a wide variety of burgers, steaks, pastas and your usual 'pub grub'. 


For my starter I had the Loaded Potato Skins which have bacon, cheese and a small pot of BBQ sauce. I always have these as Llewellyn got me to try them a while ago and I fell in love with them. They are so delicious, although make sure they are not hot when you go to eat them as I nearly burnt my mouth on Sunday. They don't fill you to much either which is nice as you don't want to go into your mains full.


My mains then I had my usual Chicken New Yorker, which consists of chicken, bacon and BBQ sauce with cheese on top. As you can see it also comes with chips, peas and 2 pieces of garlic bread. I always enjoy this as I love chicken and BBQ sauce, it definitely fills you the right amount. 


I went for a different dessert this time as normally I have the fudge cake but this time had the Millionaires Shortbread Sundae. This was absolutely gorgeous, you had whipped cream on the top with flakes and then layers of shortbread, ice cream and chocolate sauce. It tasted amazing, although it did get a bit sickly after a bit so I couldn't eat it all unfortunately.

Overall I would definitely recommend this place if you are ever in the area and are finding somewhere to eat. It's very family friendly and just has a nice friendly atmosphere about the whole place.

I hope you enjoyed this post as its a bit different to what I normally write but I am going to do this little 'series' whenever I go somewhere that I think you guys would like.

See You Soon!!

No comments :

Post a Comment