My 2014 Reading Challenge

Friday 17 January 2014

Hey Guys!!
I LOVE reading!! A lot and this year I want to read more than I did last year, because I look back to last year and didn't have a lot of time to read at all. There's not a particular genre I like/love as personally if the blurb interests me and draws me in I will read it, though I do like reading classics like Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, etc. I have a thing about classics and also I have a thing about having to read the book before the film.

This year is going to be different I am making myself a goal for the year!! I have seen a lot of this going round at the moment, seeing people want to read more and setting themselves goals of how many books they want to read, and am going to give it a go myself :)
My personal goal is to read 20 books this year. I have started off small as I don't always have a lot of time so will be happy if I get to 20 and even happier if I exceed it. I will share with you my list :)
1. Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
2. MockingJay - Suzanne Collins
3. Casual Vacancy - J.K.Rowling
4. Go Swift and Fall - Douglas Westcott
5. Alice's Adventures In Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass - Lewis Carroll
6. Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
7. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
8. The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
9. Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Defoe
10. Emma - Jane Austen
11. The Dark Half - Stephen King
12. Monday to Friday Man - Alice Peterson
13. A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens
14. Run, Mummy, Run - Cathy Glass
15. Northern Lights - Philip Pullman
16. The Subtle Knife - Philip Pullman
17. The Amber Spyglass - Philip Pullman
18. The Fault In Our Stars - John Green
19. Paper Towns - John Green
20. War and Peace - Leo Tolstov
So that is my list of 20 books I want to read this year :) as you can see it is a wide range of genres and authors as I don't like to read the same sort of book all the time. Also out of these 20 only 3 I have yet to buy which is not bad at all :)
Have any of you made a reading goal?
What would you recommend?
See You Soon!!


4 comments :

  1. The hunger games series is such a good read. Couldn't put them down.

    Stephen King is also a favourite. I'm currently reading Carrie. It never appealed to me but thought I'd give it a go since the remake of the film came out.

    By the look of your collection it looks like we like the same kind of books. You should read books by John Green if you haven't already. I think you'd enjoy them :)

    Odds and Sodz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never read Stephen King before and my husbands mum always says how good they and my Dad likes them to so thought I would give it a go :)

      My sister has read some John Green books and recommended them so thought I would because she has said they are really good :)

      Vikki

      Delete
  2. I've read #1,2,6,7,9,13,18 and I liked them all. Although Robinson Crusoe was a bit hard to get through (the whole lost on an island adventure gets a bit boring for me).

    These books are all great to check of your list! Have fun!

    PS- I also recommend The House of Mirth and The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, and S&S and P&P by Austen (although you've probably read some of those).

    XOXO Ruby
    redrubyross.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I started reading Robinson Crusoe before but really struggled to get half way but I really want to get through it this year :)

      Actually I have never read them books before, I think I have Jane Eyre on my eReader but I'm not 100%, I will definitely give them a go :)

      Vikki x

      Delete