Making A Roast Dinner

Thursday 5 December 2013

Hey Guys!!
 
Its Cooking Day!!!
 
On Monday we decided to have a cooked dinner as Llewellyn was in work on Sunday and doesn't finish until late, so being a good wife cooked dinner Monday. So I thought I would share with you how I did it :)
 
We had to go and get a chicken first as we didn't have one, some potatoes, a parsnip, some stuffing and some carrots.
 

So the first thing I did was wash the chicken out to make sure there was no bits inside and I did this by holding it under a hot tap. I then put it on an oven tray and started the stuffing, which being boxed stuffing all I had to do was tip the packet into a bowl and add boiling water :)
 


 
Then once I stirred it round and it was all sticking together shall we say, I then stuffed the chicken with it :) I must admit as lovely as it tastes I hate stuffing a chicken, I always feel like I am violating the chicken, Does anyone else feel like that or is it just me haha?
 
 
Once I had stuffed the chicken I then peeled and cut up some parsnip into strips for Llewellyn and also cut up a potatoe for Llewellyn to have roasted :)
 
 
I put the chicken into the oven on Gas Mark 4 and let it cook for the next two hours, checking on it every now and again to make sure it was cooked.
 
While it was cooking I prepared the rest of the vegetables. I peeled and cut up some potatoes and put them in some water with salt, though we did cheat with the carrots as we got a tin of carrots instead of fresh :( and put them in the same saucepan :)
 

 
The only thing with a cooked dinner is that it smells so nice when cooking and it takes ages so by the time its done I'm starving, though I do enjoy it a lot more that way.
 
So when it finally finished cooking I took the chicken out and just stood and smelled it for a while because it just smelled so nice :) Then after Llewellyn came and told me to stop sniffing it I took the stuffing out and carved the chicken, though Llewellyn said I butchered it ha ha
 
 
We then finished it off with a Yorkshire Pudding, home made gravy and mint sauce :)
 
 
I must say it was blooming lovely!! Especially as it had been such a cold day, it was nice to have a hot meal that tasted delicious!!
 
What veg do you guys have on your cooked dinner?
 
Is there a set day you have yours on?
 
Hope You're Having A Good Week!!
 
See You Soon!!


No comments :

Post a Comment